[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #73 - 18 msgs

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 21:02:11 PDT 2001

well,
I've used marigolds and garlic around different
vegetables with fairly good results. (zuchini,
cucumbers and tomatoes)I've heard that there are
several herbs that repel bugs too. Mint for one, but
it'll take over if you dont keep on top of things.(but
I bet you already knew that) Planting basil with
tomatoes is supposed to be a good thing as well.
nisha

To keep this on a period/food related topic, however,
I would like to ask the list if anyone has actually
had any success with planting garlic (or other
herbs/food crops) amongst flowers in order to control
pest populations.  I have heard growing garlic in rose
beds will keep aphids in check, and growing hot
peppers (not period, but food related) amongst
perrenial flowers works as well.

Balthazar the Bug-Killah!