[Sca-cooks] Strange question re: food contamination

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed May 23 20:27:42 PDT 2001

Someone asked me today if it was possible to spread genital herpes by working
in a kitchen.  I told them I sincerely doubted it, since I think it's spread
by sexual contact only, but thought I might as well ask if any of the
professional-type cooks here have heard anything on this topic.  As an aside,
this person seemed to think that as a former shire chirurgeon, I would know
all about any contagious diseases anyone in the shire had (she was very
surprised that I did not know who she was talking about) - apparently she
thinks chirurgeons are the Department of Health or something.

Brangwayna Morgan