[Sca-cooks] Greetings!

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 29 19:55:36 PDT 2001

My name is Tom McDonald. In the Society for Creative Anachronism I am known as Master Thomas Longshanks [OP], and I live in the Barony of Caer Mear, Atlantia (Richmond, VA). My main interest is medieval food and cookery. While I am interested in all the cuisines of medieval Europe, my focus is on the cuisines of Spain and particularly that of Catalunya. Some of you may be aware that I am working on a cookbook of all extant manuscripts of the Libre de Sent Sovi (ca 1324), and I have a booklet in the final stages of development at this time. I have recently returned from a trip to Barcelona to study two of the three originals of this manuscript, among others.

I beg your patience, for although I am a computer professional, this is my second list (the other being Medieval_Spain). I'm looking forward to sharing with you all. If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Regards,
Thomas