[Sca-cooks] Re: Dehydration

Sara Tallarovic electricfish at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 11:00:15 PDT 2001

I can vouch for this syrup made by Sadaf.  It is REALLY good and very easy when camping or whatever.  I bought a 24.5 fl. oz. bottle at my local Halal market for $4.49 and took it to Gulf War.  We had a pitcher of Sekanjaban always sitting on the table for refreshment.  A little syrup goes a long way...I still have some left.  I add a touch of rosewater to it as well.  Even the kids liked it.
-Shu'la

Marian Rosenberg wrote:
"Speaking of sekanjabin ... if you really really really hate making
sekanjabin (or, have read recipes and listened to friends tell of making
it and been scared away) I found a source for commercially made
sekanjabin.  Ingredients: Sugar, Mint Flavored Vinegar, Water.

http://sadaf.com/store/page22.html
Sekanjabin Mint Syrup $4.99

The bottle is about the size of a wine bottle, and makes (at my
proportions of syrup to water) 10 liters of Sekanjabin.

(A quick scan of their site finds saffron, sumac, mango ginger chutney,
sesame candies, and other yummies at really good prices)

-M"