[Sca-cooks] Pennsic possibility...

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu May 3 15:08:55 PDT 2001

Anahita said:
> I *might* make it to Pennsic this year (i hope, i hope, i hope).
>
> I'm not a fighter, so i won't be in the War.

That's ok. There are lots of us that don't do martial arts things
at Pennsic.

> I certainly want to meet folks, take classes, observe inter-Kingdom
> Anthropology, and, of course, to shop :-)

There will hopefully be another SCA-Cooks pot-luck/get-together sometime
during the second week of Pennsic.

There is a also a camp composed of cooks, many of whom are on this
list, SPCA (Soup Pot Cooks Association). We will be camping down next
to the lake next to Oruluk the Middle Eastern encampment. We welcome
visitors at most mealtimes or any other time. If you pre-register
you would also be welcome to camp with us.

I will be teaching my hands-on pewter casting class, probably twice,
at this year's Pennsic.

> I need some tips on what to bring, what to expect, what to prepare for...

Well, there is this little known set of files called the Florilegium...
:-)
Check the PENNSIC section for such files as:
BP-Thingie-art    (38K)  9/30/94    Bart's Pennsic guidebook w. Estrella
addm.
P-history-msg     (85K) 10/13/00    Pennsic history.
Pennsic-ideas-msg (45K) 10/23/95    Useful ideas for Pennsic.
P-stories-msg     (65K)  9/ 8/99    Pennsic stories.
P-tale-MWIFO-art  (23K)  8/26/96    Making Wrought Iron from Ore at
Pennsic 24.

> I'll most likely be flying from California, so i can't bring much...

I have flown into Pennsic for the past three years, thanks to some
very friendly and helpful folks from this list.

This year Pennsic has finally made provisions so you can ship items
directly to Cooper's Lake for pickup at Pennsic by either USPS or
commercial carrier (ie: UPS). This should make it easier to manage
with the small pittance of a luggage allowance of the commercial
airlines.

The Pennsic website has more details on this and other useful info.
www.pennsicwar.org .

Feel free to contact me off list and I'll discuss more details of
Pennsic and the logistics of flying in to there.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net