[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3141 - lungs

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu May 3 21:42:27 PDT 2001

>Now that I think of it, I remember old Scots haggis recipes recommending
>that the pluck be boiled with the trachea hanging over the side of the
>pot, with the opening in another container, the better to expel various
>proteinous nasties while cooking.
>
>Adamantius

Sophie Grigson has a book on Charcuterie?  I'll have to find a copy of that (I
better check with my Financial Controller ie. Wife)

Thanks for the info, I'll see how that fits with the recipe.  Mind you I can
see it now...  I boil the lungs the trachea hanging over the side...  I'll walk
away from the pot.  When it starts to boil, there will be a mournful bleating
from the kitchen from the vocal cords the butcher forgot to remove.....

Drakey.