[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3141 - lungs

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 4 03:38:41 PDT 2001

"Craig Jones." wrote:

> Sophie Grigson has a book on Charcuterie?  I'll have to find a copy of that (I
> better check with my Financial Controller ie. Wife)

No, I'm talking about Jane Grigson's "The Art of Making Sausages, Patés,
and Other Charcuterie," originally published in Britain in 1967 (as "The
Art of Charcuterie"), and having gone into a bazillion editions since
then, now put out by Knopf in paperback as the aforseyd title. ISBN 394-73252-9.

> Thanks for the info, I'll see how that fits with the recipe.  Mind you I can
> see it now...  I boil the lungs the trachea hanging over the side...  I'll walk
> away from the pot.  When it starts to boil, there will be a mournful bleating
> from the kitchen from the vocal cords the butcher forgot to remove.....
>
> Drakey.

That's far from the worst of it. Of course, that could happen, but
think, after you and guests have eaten these vocal lungs, you'll ask how
they were, and your guests will say, "Oh, not baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--

I can't do it. I tried, but darnit, I hold this list in too high esteem
to continue.

Adamantius (Awright, who locked the rock???)
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com