[Sca-cooks] Coriander/Cilantro

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 15:13:07 PDT 2001

--- rcmann4 at earthlink.net wrote:
> The Spanish sources call for "culantro verde" --
> green coriander.
> (The seed is refered to as "culantro seco" -- dry
> coriander).

Hmmmnn.. in Puerto Rico 'culantro' is another herb
altogether, with a taste similar to oregano, but a
much larger, fleshier leaf.  I have a culantro plant
growing on my patio... I wonder if the period sources
are using this plant rather than cilantro, or if my
plant has been mislabelled (it was sent to me from
Puerto Rico, but this is no guarantee that it's the
right herb).

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Pray your Gods who ask you for your blood,
For they are strong and angry jealous ones.
Or lay upon my altar now your love
I feel my time is short...there are armies moving close
Be Quick My Love.