[Sca-cooks] Fragged Hard Drive

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sat May 5 18:47:00 PDT 2001

Well, since the only way we could replace it was by using the
navy exchange credit card, we were sort of locked into getting
what they carried. *sigh* That is why the one we just replaced
was a custom build - I had the original build done 6 years ago,
and since then it had grown from a 90 meg pentium with 16 meg ram
to a 450 pent with 64 meg ram, and got fed both a 4 disc cd
player and a zip drive and it was on its second upgrade
motherboard. Sort of like the family frankenstein ;-)

This presario is zippy enough, and has both a cd a d a cd r/w so
I am happy. But it sort of dos look like I will have to send my
zip discs out and have them transferred onto CD [what I backed up
on. Unfortunately my netscape backup was done in november, so I
will be missing 6 months of research links.]
margali

the quote starts here:
A thing to know with your Compaq is that the only things you can
use to
replace parts in it are Compaq parts. I learned this the hard way
over
the winter when my compaq went down.

Thorbjorn