[Sca-cooks] sugar and regia anglorum

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 7 21:59:46 PDT 2001

Vara said:
> PS if you want an authentic "hot" spice/herb.....try a good horse radish,
> guaranteed to take the roof off your mouth even if you like chilli.

Depends on how it is used.

In just the last week or two, I was asking if anyone had any info on
how horseradish was used in period. So far, all I think I've got is
as a sauce. What can you tell me about how horseradish was used in
Anglo-Ssaxon England (or elsewhere)?

In the near future, I will be adding the horseradish info that was
just discussed and what little I had before into a new Florilegium file.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net