[Sca-cooks] Re: easy to grow herbs

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed May 9 06:45:05 PDT 2001

jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

<< Actually, I believe you may be either limiting your time period or unaware
of some
 sources. I would not characterize an 8 to 12 inch pot as 'very large', and
there are
 certainly plants pictured in 8-12" pots in illustrations in _The Italian
Renaissance
 Interior_.

Thank you so much for this information. I have been intensively pouring over
14th century manuscripts for illustrations of garden design/planting
information and my responce was focused oin that time period. You are
correct. Different time periods used different containers. There are even
smaller decorative urns shown in the 14th century illuminations as herb plant
containers. <sigh> So much to learn ....so little time. :-(

Ras