[Sca-cooks] Period gardening (was easy to grow herbs)

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 08:01:11 PDT 2001

--- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> I happen to use period gardening techniques because
> they  grow
> tastier/poison-free crops.

Perhaps you can help me with this delimma, then...
Whilst weeding my garden after work yesterday
afternoon, I noticed my Gladiolas, Crocosmias and
daylillies were being ravaged by tiny little
inchworms... I would rather NOT spray them with a
synthetic chemical poison, but garlic water and soapy
water only seem to make them more hungry.  I have
roughly 300 bulbs of various types in only one of my
beds, and ALL of them are being eaten...  Do you know
of any effective period/organic methods for removing
inchworms from bulb foliage?  And, I'd rather not have
to pick them off by hand, since each plant has about 3
or 4 on it....  So, aside from dousing the whole bed
with carbaryl, what would you suggest?

Also, an unknown pest has taken a liking to my peas,
broad beans, and turnips, so I need a
'veggie-friendly' method of erradicating them, as
well.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no name...