[Sca-cooks] speaking of questions... (pickled garlic)

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 14:37:02 PDT 2001

Inspired by various tales of treasure-hunting in oriental
groceries, I ventured into the one near my house.  While
there, I was ambushed by a jar of pickled garlic, which
jumped into my backpack and held my umbrella hostage until
I agreed to take it home with me.

Can anyone tell me what one does with pickled garlic?  Do
you eat it plain?  Spread it on bread like roasted garlic?
Put in in some wonderful dish for which I don't have a
recipe?  Kill slugs?  Deodorize tennis shoes?

Thanks.

Dana/Ximena
-who would also like to invite anyone with suggestions on
what to see, do, or buy in Egypt to write to her at
letrada at yahoo.com and tell her about them (by Friday the
11th, 'cause that's when the plane leaves).