[Sca-cooks] Garlic Question

Thu May 10 11:27:41 PDT 2001

As I remember it, the cases of botulin poisoning which were reported
occurred in jars of garlic in olive oil which had been opened and left
sitting on the counter for hours on end, and that they stopped once the
garlic in olive oil started being stored under refrigeration except during
use.

I haven't heard of any recent case either, but I still keep the garlic in
olive oil in the refrigerator too make sure I'm not the most recent case
reported.

Bear