[Sca-cooks] Period gardening

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Thu May 10 11:47:21 PDT 2001

On three day or longer events I fill my site with Hamster shavings. Read
that as **Cedar**. The crawlers like to get into my bags of sheep fluff, I
use as "Mediv-Bean Bag Chairs'" for the kids to sit in while doing crafts.
But the really cheep Pet shavings are a nice smelling effect around the camp
for flying bugs. And eco-bio too; I leave them shavings behind. One bag =
one event, one ~foot wide around the tent edge, and the shade areas. I store
then in the wool closets at home too.

I suggest using as mulch, but if you have it pot in the window . . . then
try the closet hangers thingies. Or Cedar Plywood from the Hardware store.
4x8 foot and 1/4 thick. Strip down to 4 foot tall and mount at the closet
ends and maybe a strip for the window sill.