[Sca-cooks] Planting Period Spices from Seed

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 17:44:18 PDT 2001

--- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> Treated seeds must say somewhere on the label that
> they have been so treated.
> The use of such (if it does occur) is limited to
> biogenetic varieties. Most
> certainly spices do not come under that umbrella.

That's good to know.  I was pretty sure that there had
to be some kind of notification as to whether the
seeds had been treated, but did not have any solid
evidence.  I trust Lord Ras has, as usual,
investigated more deeply than I.

> I see no reason why grains of paradise/cubeb berries
> would not germinate. Why
> not try a few and see? One long pepper pod would
> provide dozens of seeds.

These were the plants I had most considered.  I will
certainly give them a go in the garden as soon as I
have cleared up my little 'inchworm invasion'...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no name...