[Sca-cooks] Period gardening

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 18:18:14 PDT 2001

--- Jenne Heise <jenne at mail.browser.net> wrote:

> *blink blink* As far as I knew, the marigold that
> has insecticidal
> properties is Tagetes, the mexican marigold (which I
> adore and grow in my
> garden), a relative of pyrethum. Tagetes were not
> imported to Europe until
> late period at best.

Shows you how much I know, eh?  Or, more to the point,
how much *they* knew.  My marigolds are Calendula,
too...so I guess this won't work as a pesticide??

Shucks.  Oh, well...the ceyenne cocktail seems to be
having some small effect, at least.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no name...