OT Re: [Sca-cooks] Period gardening

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu May 10 19:12:06 PDT 2001

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I know I'm chiming in rather late here...I'm not an herb expert, but was
> told several years ago by one who does know herbs rather well that
> pennyroyal, which grows very easily, also is a good mosquito repellant,
> as is eucalyptus (not easily grown, but easily found wherever dried
> flowers are sold).  We usually hang a bunch of one or the other (or
> both) in our pavillion at Pennsic...and it seems to work pretty well!

I'm sure I've said so before, but I'll say it again- this is why I take
Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap for bathing at events- the peppermint
or eucalyptus either one work well for keeping the bugs away. I prefer
teh peppermint, as smelling like a cough drop its not my favorite thing.
And it's Dr. Bronners- all natural, plant oils, etc., and very
biodegradable.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming,

'Lainie