[Sca-cooks] Strawberry Recipes?

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri May 11 09:39:39 PDT 2001

Reginleif asked:
> Does anyone have any good recipes involving fresh strawberries that would b=
> e acceptable for a feast? Hopefully somewhat simple to make, as I am runnin=
> g short on time before Saturday, when the feast is. I have ALOT of fresh, r=
> ipe strawberries here and was hoping to find something yummy to make for Sa=
> t. Any suggestions?

Remember that the modern commercial strawberry is a hybrid and will be
larger than medieval European strawberries and probably with a taste
differance, check these files in the FOOD-FRUITS section of the
Florilegium. There have been a number of recipes given and discussed
on this list:
berries-msg       (93K)  1/24/01    Period berries and berry recipes.
fruits-msg       (127K)  1/24/01    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes.
Recipes.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net