[Sca-cooks] more on bananas

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun May 13 19:28:25 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/13/01 7:23:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< This is still out of the SCA period, but its a lot closer than before. >>

SCA period ends in 1650 CE from what I've been told. For those who might not
be aware of it, there is NO official beginning date. 600 CE has been quoted
as the 'official' beginning but Corpora does not  suggest one. Although
Corpora says 'pre-17th' century, it is usually  carried to 1650 CE to
accommodate the fencers. I may be wrong here but that is what  the local SCA
has said for years.

Anyway, 1600 CE is apparently the official cut off date while there is no
beginning date of any sort. Technically Babylonian, Chalsean, Ancient
Egyptian or even Stone Age personas are all just as  valid as a medieval
persona while Three Musketeer personas are well outside the cut off date. :-).

Ras