[Sca-cooks] Re: Francesco Sirene - ordering.

Sara Tallarovic electricfish at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 12:28:57 PDT 2001

At 01:33 PM 5/16/01 -0500, Ruth wrote:
>      As far as personal experience goes, I tried emailing
>a month or two ago to find out how much 500g. worth of
>candied fennel seeds actually was (volume-wise).  I never
>did get a response, but I figured that some people are
>faster with email than others, so I sent in an order
>anyway.  I had a goodly chunk of it in hand within 2 weeks,
>which is pretty good, considering the postal services seem
>to think that B.C. and Idaho are on opposite sides of
>the globe (most mail seems to take forever to go back
>and forth).  Some items were backordered (my Turkish coffee
>set!  Wah!), but there was a note on the invoice saying they'd
>ship when they arrived, and I've no reason to disbelieve that
>-- and this was all in the last month, so it's recent info.
>
>      P.S. -- 500g. of candied fennel seeds works out to
>about 2 1/4 cups' worth.  :)
>
>                     -- Ruth

Wow!  That is pretty fast!  My original order took almost 2 months to
arrive (ordered early September, arrived end of October), and there was no
mastic, which was my reason for ordering in the first place.  I've been
really wanting to cook with it, but alas, no reply to multiple
inquiries.  I've been making Labaniya from Cariadoc all this time without
mastic....wonder what it tastes like with it?  :-)

There was a bunch more stuff I wanted to order from him, but I am waiting
until my first order is resolved before I send any more money.

-Shu'la