[Sca-cooks] Francesco Sirene - ordering.

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Wed May 16 11:29:08 PDT 2001

> Thanks, I will try yet again and use both addresses.  I have been using the
> sirene at silk.net address, which I got from the web site, but I have never
> gotten a reply since the first time I contacted him before placing my order
> (which was last September).  I rather wonder whether my email is just not
> getting through.

     As far as personal experience goes, I tried emailing
a month or two ago to find out how much 500g. worth of
candied fennel seeds actually was (volume-wise).  I never
did get a response, but I figured that some people are
faster with email than others, so I sent in an order
anyway.  I had a goodly chunk of it in hand within 2 weeks,
which is pretty good, considering the postal services seem
to think that B.C. and Idaho are on opposite sides of
the globe (most mail seems to take forever to go back
and forth).  Some items were backordered (my Turkish coffee
set!  Wah!), but there was a note on the invoice saying they'd
ship when they arrived, and I've no reason to disbelieve that
-- and this was all in the last month, so it's recent info.

     P.S. -- 500g. of candied fennel seeds works out to
about 2 1/4 cups' worth.  :)

                    -- Ruth