[Sca-cooks] OT OOP But too funny to pass up.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 16 17:25:01 PDT 2001

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Olwen the Odd wrote:
> >
> > Hey.  That "bad candy" site lists tamarind.  That isn't fair.  We love
> > tamarind.  Anyone else ever try it?  The tamarind soda is quite good too.
> > OK I admit, the candy is ugly but the taste.......yum.
> > Olwen
>
> There are some unkind and xenophobic remarks passed on the good name and
> dignitas of salted plums, too.

Ahem! While I wasn't crazy about the nature of some of the remarks, I
have to say this- I got roped into trying salted plum when i was living
in Hawaii. It was sort of an initiation of sorts in the school I was in.
I managed to swallow but even thinking about it i can still taste that
awful... oh god- gotta have a beer...

'Lainie
you come to Oregon- you can try the mineral water at Lithia Park in
downtown Ashland. Payback.