[Sca-cooks] OT OOP But too funny to pass up.

margali 1margali at 99main.com
Thu May 17 09:36:53 PDT 2001

Not into salted plums, but I love umeboshi paste ;-) [and
vegemite, but not mixed together]
My favorite home made condiment is 16 oz soy, 8 oz mirin, 2 whole
hands of ginger, 1 tennis ball sized red onion and 1 tb umeboshi
paste and 1/2 tsp. Szechwan peppercorns [when I can get them] all
whizzed in a food processor until it is chopped fairly fine and
let stand in a bottle in the fridge for 2 weeks and strained.
Much better than plain soy in a lot of uses.
margali
the quote starts here:
There are some unkind and xenophobic remarks passed on the good
name and
dignitas of salted plums, too.

Adamantius