[Sca-cooks] OT OOP But too funny to pass up.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 17 10:26:02 PDT 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> >There are some unkind and xenophobic remarks passed on the good name and
> >dignitas of salted plums, too.
> >
> >Adamantius
>
> I didn't notice that.  How can someone not like salted plums?  It's like
> someone not liking dried squid.
> Olwen

And from there to not liking turtle jerky is but a short step, and once
you're there, only chaos and anarchy can ensue. Entropy and the total
heat death of the universe.

There are at least two rather critical references to salted plums, both
in candied forms but using the more trafditional salted plums as an
ingredient. One is the Fruit Salted Plum Sucker, which can, I think, be
found in the main index/contents/whatever, and the other is a scathing
review of another candied salted plum product sent in by a reader. (And
it should be noted that the reviewer has a problem with the candy layer
which is referred to as being simultaneously jaw-breakingly hard and
also unpleasantly gelatinous, a state I would have thought impossible to
achieve. Those wily Asians...)

So, to get this on a positive tack, what are, from the hundreds of
people on this list who I'm sure _love_ salted plums, everybody's
favorite kind of salted plums? My family is fond of the ones rolled in
salt, sugar, and powdered licorice.

Adamantius (one at a time, there's room for everybody to have a turn)
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com