[Sca-cooks] Vegemite

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri May 18 02:36:18 PDT 2001

	> 'Lainie wrote
	> My vegemite horror story? An Australian acquaintance in college,
at a
	> department potluck, told a colleague that you spread Vegemite on
toast,
	> like peanut butter. Spread thin like butter I can choke it down,
but
	> spread thick like peanut butter... ohmigod...
	> Of course, knowing the guy, he did it on purpose...
	Adamantius replied
	Don't I recall seeing on this list (Jessica? Ian? Christina?) that
this
	is a fairly common Oz trick to play on ign'nt 'Muricans? I could
swear
	this was mentioned, so it seems quite likely that he did indeed do
it on purpose.

Erm, well, yes - it is a rather common (and mean) Antipodean trick. Even the
most rabid fan would find it difficult to eat it as thick as peanut butter
(I'm not and it certainly makes me wince). The dude was definitely trying to
gross you out 'Lainie!
Spread thinly on small triangles of crustless hot buttered toast - now
that's another matter. Yum.
Ciao
Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.