[Sca-cooks] Kitten help

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 07:32:37 PDT 2001

Sieggy! You meany!  Your supposed to lift the cat up with the top of your
foot and hurl it against the wall and see how many walls it will bounce off
in one fling while you calmly tell it never to scratch you again.
...mumblegrumble..flush..silly notion..mumble..

And if that doesn't work then I might suggest you get it a scratching post
and when it scratches at you or your couch or somewhere you don't want it to
then tell it no-no pick it up and take it to the assigned scratching area
and do the little paw routine while cooing to it.

My cat's like to scratch on wood so I have a pine 2 x 4 leaning against the
wall they have-at.  A squirt gun is also a good training item.  Buy them in
bulk and leave them lying all around the house because sure as rain, you
will need one in every room!  Unless of course it is ok with you that Poppy
lounges on your counter tops or makes a path through your whatnot shelf or
sleeps in the potato bin or climbs the curtains or makes quick work of
de-stuffing the couch.
Olwen