[Sca-cooks] Kitten help

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 08:39:42 PDT 2001

This is commonly referred to as "three wall kitty" a threat I have often
suggested to my kittens-in-training...

>On Fri, 18 May 2001 14:32:37 -0000 you wrote:
> > Sieggy! You meany!  Your supposed to lift the cat up with the top of
>your
> > foot and hurl it against the wall and see how many walls it will bounce
>off
> > in one fling while you calmly tell it never to scratch you again.
> > ...mumblegrumble..flush..silly notion..mumble..
>I really, REALLY hope you're kidding...surely they're in jest, Poppy, no,
>ouch,
>get off the darned mouse, no, quit biting me, ouch, dammit quit climbing my
>bare
>leg, sh-- didn't mean to send that message!

You really have to watch out for mini-blinds.  Children and pets have died
because of miniblinds.  If you have the old style that has the cord instead
of the wand-those have long since been recalled.  The blinds, even with the
wand still pose a threat to children and pets as it is easy for them to poke
their heads through but not be able to pull their heads back out.  They can
cut and choke.

... but almost hanged herself on the mini-blind cord yesterday.

As for listening to their sounds; it is a very interesting thing that they
respond very quickly when you use their sounds.  When training kittens I
used to hiss and spit and growl when they did a no-no.  I have one mentally
challenged cat that responds almost exclusively to my cat sounds of come, no
- stop, get down, etc.
Olwen