[Sca-cooks] Kitten help

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri May 18 13:36:16 PDT 2001

I've dealt with a number of the lovely "balls of claws" over the years, and have
never found a way to keep them from using their claws.  If the kitten is very
young, you might try massaging her paws when she's on you to encourage her not to
keep them extended.  I usually just try to make sure my legs are covered with
something that the claws won't penetrate!  Another possibility...and a really lousy
one...is that if it doesn't get better, you may have to have her declawed.  But
only do that as a very last resort.

Kiri