[Sca-cooks] Help....need suggestions for transportable nibbles

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri May 18 14:38:36 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/18/2001 12:50:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> .  So...I'm asking y'all to
> think deep about what's worked for various queen's
> teas/solars/whatevers, and give me some ideas.....the only ones I can
> come up with so far are sugared nuts/confits, shortbread, and possibly
> some stuff from the Miscellany.....

Period gingerbread keeps very well and does not need to be refrigerated.
I have successfully made small (Texas muffin pan size) tarts of Pie of Paris
and Mushroom Pastie and kept them in the "top shelf" of my cooler for 4 days
during the first week of Pennsic.  I've also done a few half boneless breast
size Icelandic chickens, although they didn't seem to keep quite as well.
If there will be bowls/spoons available, compost keeps well.

Brangwayna Morgan