[Sca-cooks] Re: OT: Promite/Marmite/Vegemite

Phil Anderson phil at dev.spis.co.nz
Sun May 20 22:21:29 PDT 2001

Mel writes:

> The whole Marmite/Promite/Vegemite religion can be summed up as Coke vs.
> Pepsi.
>
> Some people prefer one to the exclusion of the other with an almost
> religious fervour.

Absolutely, though I don't think I recall burning anyone for eating
Marmite. I even let my flatmate store it in the pantry...

> For the record I eat Vegemite and drink Coke.

An ally!

Once upon a time, the University of Canterbury Students'
Association gave Pepsi the cola contract for the building. My social
group bought Coke from the local dairy, and piled cans and bottles
on the Pepsi rep's car when we spotted it left unattended.

Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard