[Sca-cooks] Pottery for Cooking/Eating

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Mon May 21 06:42:13 PDT 2001

The Romans used pottery over coals. It was a special one, called E-ware,
Samian ware and red ware. That type's so tough that if it breaks, you can
rivet it back together (I have pictures in a book somewhere).

Gee I'd like to get my hands on some of this clay! My MIL's a potter, and
I'll get her to do some for me when she gives up her day job (if we can get
our hands on the clay - thankfully I know an expert on this type of pottery,
who should be able to put me on to a supplier.

Glenda.