[Sca-cooks] Recipe help required - Russian food??

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon May 21 09:45:12 PDT 2001

Mari asked:
> A new member of the Lochac Guild of Cooks is searching for some Russian
> recipes [Period ones would be good; Traditional would probably be fine as
> well] - His email address is below if you want to communicate directly with
> him

> >From: Shayrebel at aol.com
> >I am currently trying to research some Russian foods but am finding it >a
> >bit difficult to get records on Borscht,Cabbage Rolls,can you help?
> >
> >Michael of Galicia

You might find this file in the FOOD-BY-REGION section of my Florilegium
to be of use:
fd-Russia-msg     (41K)  2/ 8/00    Russian food. Russian cookbooks.

For Borscht, you might also check this file in the FOOD section:
soup-msg         (101K)  1/31/01    Medieval soups. Cooking soups at
events.
                                       recipes.

For Russian beverages, this file in the BEVERAGES section:
kvass-msg         (71K)  6/20/00    Russian drink made from bread or
grains.

For more on period Russia, but not necessarily on food, check these
files
in the CULTURES section:
Kiev-Slavery-art  (22K)  9/ 8/99    "Slavery in Kievan Rus" by Peotr
Alexeivich
                                       Novgrodski.
Rus-Handbook-art  (97K)  9/ 2/99    Rus' Handbook from the Eoforwic
Novogrod
                                       event AS 24. Edited by Nicolaa de
Bracton
Russia-bib         (8K)  7/20/94    Bibliography on Russian history.
Russia-msg        (54K) 12/17/99    Russian and Kievian Culture and
language.
Rus-women-art     (14K) 12/12/95    Lecture notes on 16c. Russian women.

The Florilegium can be found at: http://www.florilegium.org

THL Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net