[Sca-cooks] Kitten help

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon May 21 13:05:35 PDT 2001

My cat is very anti-social and only comes and lays on you when she
wants to be extremely affectionate, which is when she lays on your
abdomen and purrs and then for some reason flexes her paws while
digging her claws into your abdomen and making little red pin pricks.
What I do is I grab both her front paws and tell her to stop clawing
and pat them(sort of smacking lightly) with my other hand.  She stops
for a while.  I think maybe grabbing them and neutralizing them
makes her wonder what's up.

She's a few years old.

		Angeline