[Sca-cooks] question of Italian meats

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 23:56:57 PDT 2001

.... Two of the recipes I'm using
>are from _The Medieval Kitchen_ and call for pancetta.... I got
>som prosciuttio instead. ...."SUre- I can do that! How many? No
>problem!" Of course most of this number is teenagers and I figure they
>will vacuum up just about anything...

I have no advice on the preserved pork product of choice, but wanted to give
you kudos for the effort of not simply feeding, but teaching the teenagers
about GOOD FOOD.  How many would have been just gotten packaged ham slices
because teens will inhale without noticing the details (oops!  I ate the
bowl!)  But it is up to parents like you, and me, and all our friends here
to teach the next generation what the good stuff is!  Keep up the good work
sargent!

Bonne (this is a goofy post, maybe I should go to bed)