[Sca-cooks] Garlic Question

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue May 22 09:49:50 PDT 2001

I bought a bag once at Sam's club for an event I was cooking and took
the leftovers chopped them in the food processor put them in a jar
with olive oil, and after a few months (there was a lot of garlic
left I would say almost 2 qts of chopped garlic in olive oil) even
though I stored in refrigerator it got moldy.  I know it wasn't the
refrigerator, 'cause the temperature was 35 degrees (I keep a
thermometer in my refrigerator all the time).

I threw the whole jar away.

Funny though it hasn't happened again.  I still tried it again.  This
time I covered the garlic completely with olive oil, also I used
pomace olive oil not virgin, etc.  IIRC pomace olive oil is like the
last pressing and makes a fairly decent cooking olive oil.  Also very
inexpensive, when on sale is about $5 for a gallon.

	Angeline