[Sca-cooks] Garlic Question

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 08:06:31 PDT 2001

--- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> I assume you mean store it in the refrigerator.
> Garlic in olive oil
> produces anaerobic conditions suitable for the
> cultivation of Clostridium
> botulinum and the resulting neurotoxins.

Absolutely.  My mistake.  Store it under
refrigeration, just to be safe.  C. botulinum is *not*
something you want to play with.

For what it's worth, though, I haven't heard of any
botulism 'outbreaks' related to garlic packed in olive
oil in quite a few years... but, why take the chance?
Store it in the 'fridge.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no name...