[Sca-cooks] Chinese hotpots (was RE: fondue)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 10:40:25 PDT 2001

>I've not looked as these particular hot pots, so don't know how thick the
>walls
>are, but if they are relatively thin, you can use sterno in cans as a heat
>source.  We have a hot pot that uses those quite nicely!
>
>Kiri

The opening on mine is too small for a sterno can.  Believe me, I tried.  It
is a nice thing to have on a "grazing" table though.  I put a small placard
next to it warning that it is HOT.  Mine is a simple aluminum one with no
fancy work on it.  A friend who likes to surprize me with stuff that he "has
no idea what it is" gave it to me.  Ya just gotta love him.  He brings me
all sorts of oddities.
Olwen