[Sca-cooks] online glossary

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Wed May 23 14:08:26 PDT 2001

Hi all!  I'm leaving for a brief vacation, but thought I'd throw out a few
terms for the list to discuss, if you wish, while I'm away. We're looking
for a concise definition (or more than one, if appropriate), sources where
the term is found *if it is unusual*, alternate spellings, and brief cited
examples of the usage. If you know of a citation that is webbed, the www
address is useful too.

Barbe Robert - A kind of sauce in le Viandier. Does this recipe occur
elsewhere?

Fine Powder - A spice mixture of what spices? Where is it used?

viande, viands

gyngaudre, gyngautrey

That's enough for now.  We've got 52K in the file already, & loads more
info waiting to be entered! :-)

Regards,

Cindy