[Sca-cooks] Re: Stinky hands

Kelsey kelsey9 at mindspring.com
Wed May 23 17:50:25 PDT 2001

The coffee is the magic ingredient.  I make such a soap with triple
strength coffee instead of water to mix the lye into before adding the lye
solution to the oils.  Smells vile for about two weeks.  Then, gradually
the vileness fades til it smells like not much of anything except
soap.  Washes off all kinds of aromas that are wonderful in food but icky
to wear on one's skin..

Love and light and laughter
Kelsey -- who hasn't introduced herself properly but is practitioner of the
alchemy of soaps and such

At 01:40 PM 5/23/01 -0400, Kiri wrote:
>I wish I could tell yo how to make it and what all is in the soap, but I
>have no idea beyond the coffee grounds.

"When we try to pickout anything by itself, we find it hitched to
everything else in the universe."
-John Muir