[Sca-cooks] Strange question re: food contamination

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Thu May 24 06:30:36 PDT 2001

Genital herpes is a viral infection that develops usually through sexual
contact. It is possible to contract the disease via contact with hands that
have been contaminated by the virus, but this is very rare.
There is no cure for genital herpes. Once you've been infected, the virus
remains in the nerve cells in latent form.
The initial outbreak of painful sores on and around the genitals (following
an incubation period that usually spans five to 10 days) can last anywhere
from one to three weeks. After the first one, the infected person goes into
remission and may have more mild attacks every few months or years.
Permanent remission can and does occur in one-third of infected individuals.
Genital herpes is extremely contagious. Even if you exhibit no symptoms of
the disease, you can still transmit the virus to your partner if you have
it.
http://www.advicecenter.com/trans.html    more info
http://www.herpescontrol.com/    relief but not cure-all
http://www.aegis.com/topics/oi/oi-herpes.html      more info