[Sca-cooks] Sweet onions in period Europe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat May 26 19:46:34 PDT 2001

Chris Stanifer wrote:

> --- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> > > Ah...two well known scholarly works!  There is a
> > > wealth of information in these two books.
> > > Particularly if you are researching the natural
> > > habitat of Irish Fairies in period,
> >
> > So what is the natural habitat of Irish Fiaries in
> > period?
> >

> Ummm... Raunchy underground nightclubs and discount
> costume jewelry stores???

I'd say you want to walk very carefully around this question, sir;
PCness and all that. In recognition of this need, I should point out
that the more obscure works of Oscar Wilde are _full_ of references to
Irish fairies. However, there's no evidence to suggest that any of them
featured in Wilde's personal life.

> > > or How to get an egg in a Coke bottle...
> >
> > Now, that one I think I can do, but it requires a
> > hard-boiled
> > egg.
>
> a-HA!!  *That's* why this trick never worked for
> me.... the egg should be hard boiled....
>
> Think of all those matches I went through trying to
> get this particular piece of magic to work...

Dang, and not three hours ago, when my kid found a fresh pigeon's egg on
the lawn in front of our apartment building, I made him leave it
alone... I am obviously an enemy of progress, and a hidebound reactionary.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com