[Sca-cooks] 16C English cookbooks online?

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Sun May 27 21:41:42 PDT 2001

Righto, I've just spent an evening digging through Google, Amazon, and
the nearest academic library's online catalogue.  Here's what I found...
apologies for the roughness of it.  I've also included books on
courtesy, serving, and other household-related stuff, which may be of
interest to some.  Some of it's original manuscripts (which my local
library has on microfilm, yay!) and some of it is books about the
subject of 16C cooking.

Stefan, feel free to put this in the Florilegium.

K.

Furnivall, F.J.
	Caxon's book of curtesye
	Babee's Book

Dawson, Th.,
	"The Good Huswife's Iewell" 1587

Spurling, Hilary
	"Elinor Fettiplace's Receipt Book" 1604

Markham, Gervase 1568-1637
	"The English Housewife"
	"A Health to the gentlemanly profession of serving-men" 1598
	"A new orchard and garden"

Murrell, John
	A new booke of cookerie 1615
	A daily exercise for Ladies and Gentlewomen 1617

Sass, Lorna J
	To the Queen's Taste

Unknown
	The Booke of caruynge

Beebe, Ruth Anne
	Sallets, Humbles and Shrewsbery cakes

Lorwin, Madge
	Dining with William Shakespeare

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud at infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
"You are now free to imagine me in Frank N. Furter make-up and a Mother