[Sca-cooks] Re: Baked onions

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 14:59:57 PDT 2001

Another method I've found works well is to wrap each onion in aluminum foil
and roast in a 500F oven for 1 hour or in the coals of a fire.  Do not peel
or trim the onion and do not season.  Once they are soft, let cool and then
peel off the skin and any unappetizing bits.  Slice thinly, season with
salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and whatever other spices you like, and
dress with olive oil.  Presto! "Insallegiata di cipolle" from Redon et al.,
"The Medieval Kitchen"!

I'm back from the honeymoon: three days in Vegas, and three days at the
North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  Great trip, good food, lots of good stories,
which I will leave for other times.

Vicente