[Sca-cooks] 16C English cookbooks online?

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Tue May 29 08:23:34 PDT 2001

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>Might I suggest you try Martha Carlin's webpage.
>http://www.uwm.edu/~carlin/
>
>She has a number of links to Medieval documents, especially cookbooks and
>household manuals there, including a link to scanned copies from Rudolf
>Grewe's collection at the Biblioteca de la Universitat de Barcelona.  Thomas
>Gloning and several other members of theis list are well represented.

The household management texts are interesting, but there's nothing
there that I haven't already seen :(  The cookbook list mirrors most of
what Cindy already has listed, and there's nothing from 16th century
England, though there are a few 16th century cookbooks from elsewhere.

Thanks anyhow!

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud at infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
Assimilation is irrelevant. You are futile.