[Sca-cooks] Nola's "Libre del Coche" now available online.

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 07:21:15 PDT 2001

What a fantastic amount of work.  Thank you so much for making this
available.

I was looking through it and the Dish for Angels caught my attention.  I am
going to give this one a try.  I would like some input from folks as to what
"take one azumbre of milk in the season of curds" might mean.  Would this be
like riccotta or cottage cheese or would it be more like yogurt?  Then there
is "a quarter pound of aged cheese" which I am pretty sure would be just as
I please but (I assume) a white cheese.  If anyone has any opinions please
post them as I will be trying a couple of versions this weekend.

Our "Trial by Fire" competition is coming up soon and I needs to be busy
trying out some new recipes.  If anyone is in the area and wants to attend,
please do so.  The event is called One Last Chance and will be held in
Forest Hill Maryland on 13 -15 of July.  There will be classes on different
things one may want to know about getting ready for Pennsic, making sure all
your Pennsic equipment is in good order and your tent is leakproof and there
will be the cooking competition.

Olwen