[Sca-cooks] Atlantian Twentieth Year Celebration - Feast Notes

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 23:36:13 PDT 2001

Stefan wrote:
>Master Tirloch has posted a menu and recipes from the recent Atlantian
>Event. I would like to add this message to the Florilegium as a feast in
>my FEASTS section. Unfortunately, My secret decoder ring doesn't seem to
>work on some of these recipe measurements. I'm going ahead and asking this
>publicly since others may have this problem also.

I have a similar problem but i must need a different decoder ring
that you do, Stefan.

>Crusta ex Cicuribus
>Crust for Tame Animals
>
>1 ½ lbs. Chicken                                1 pint chicken stock
>pastry for crust                                    1 cup dried cherries
>(reconstitute in white wine)
>6 eggs                                                  1 ¾ tsp.
>each marjoram, mint
>and parsley
>¾ tsp. Salt                                            ½ cup chicken stock
>¾ cup verjuice (or ½ cup white wine and 6 tsp. white wine vinegar)

That's 1 (upper case pi) lbs. Chicken
(equal to or less than) tsp. Salt
Etc.

Actually, i DO get the "degrees" sign after 325 :-)

>Bread
>
>2 ¼ cups all purpose flour    1/3 cup sugar
>1 ½ teaspoons salt               2 tablespoons instant yeast
>1-1/2 cup water                     1 stick unsalted butter
>2 cups quick cooking oats   2 eggs
>2 to 2 ½ cups all purpose flour

That's 2 (lower case pi) cups all purpose flour
1 (upper case pi) teaspoons salt
Etc.

Anahita
digging frantically in her serial box...
(no, that's not a misspelling or typo)