[Sca-cooks] feast size

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu May 31 09:24:20 PDT 2001

    We use a single BSA camp (La No Che) for all our Kingdom events. Not
only is the site a 'crats dream come true, but the site could easily handle
twice our numbers (just the part we use is a mile from one end to another).
    The site is fairly central, (though out in the boonies) with (I'd guess)
75% of the populace being within a 3 hour drive of the camp, and nobody
beyond 5 hours. (unless a group just formed in the Conch Republic . . .). We
get a LOT of daytrippers.
    We've been serving 150 at feast for a long time, and they're almost
always sold out. At Coronation last weekend, I am told there was a 4 page
waiting list for feast. The Kingdom is afraid of losing money, so they won't
authorized more than that number. Wonder if exchequers taste like chicken .
. .
    BTW, our Tavern did about $1,400 in business over the event weekend, if
that gives any of you budding entrepreneurs ideas . . .

    Sieggy