[Sca-cooks] Redacting

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 31 15:48:17 PDT 2001

Cheryl wrote:

>  Greetings Folks,
>
>  I have finally been able to start gathering my collection of cookbooks.  I
> came across a reprint of a book called "Delights for Ladies, to adorne their
> persons, Tables, Closets, and Distillatories: with Beauties, Banquest,
> Perfumes & Waters" publish in 1609 by the press of humfrey Lownes.  Has
> anyone else come across this delightful book and had success with redacting
> any of the receipts.

The date and title suggest this may be Hugh Plat's work; is this divided
into sections  on cookery, preservation, sweet ointments, and
distillation? (Or something along those lines?) If so, this can be found
in Cariadoc's Collection of Medieval and Renaissance Cookbooks.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com