[Sca-cooks] Apple and Pear recipes...

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:32:43 PST 2001

Hi all!

I am trying to make different types of preserved items for presentation
gifts.  I bought a bunch of pears and apples (and oranges, oh my!) recently,
and I have been wondering if anyone had some period recipes to use these
items that will last long (at least until Estrella)?  My laurel (hi Huette!)
is looking up some right now, but I figured I'd ask you all as well and see
what you can come up with too. :)

I'm especially interested in orange recipes since I can get a TON of oranges
around where I work (Ventura, California...home of millions of farms).

I also have a crop of fresh herbs...and access to the rosemary plant that
ate Slymar.  Any suggestions on how to use these things?  I've made some
flavored oils so far...researching vingears currently (just bought a great
book "Herbal Vinegar" by Maggie Oster).

What do you all think?

--Arte